Saturday, September 3, 2011

The More Things Change...

Well, I'm finally back to blogging, and I do hope to write something of note more often--like start writing a bit each night instead of these long novels every few weeks!  But like the good little procrastinator I am, I have a really, really good excuse.  Drumroll please...........................I've been tired.  More like exhausted.  I come home from work each day, collapse in my favorite chair, check my FB, read the news, grab a bite to eat, go to watch some TV, and then practically fall asleep in my chair by 7:30.  So hubby usually wakes me up long enough to get dressed for bed and I'm sound asleep by 8-8:30.  Then up again at 6:30 and off to work before 7:00.  Exciting life, huh?  I don't know what exactly is going on with my body, but if I thought I could make money off of it, I would bet that it's hormone related--only no one who knows me would take that bet b/c I'd win every. single. time.

I've settled into my job now, and I really like it---I work as a personal aide to a girl with Down's Syndrome and then help the other MR kids in her class when we go to "regular" classes.  They're all great kids, some with autism, some who are just really low.  But none of them are "dumb", they all have that light of intelligence in their eyes, and none of them are saddled with the added difficulty of being "drug babies", so no behavior issues.  They're just low-functioning---but at the high end of the spectrum.  I'm getting to be a teacher, just in a slightly different setting and just at the salary of a Para, but I'm loving it.  I've had several doors open for me, and I hope to be able to step into the ones God has for me.  So for the first time in a few years, I'm starting to feel renewed as an educator.  It's a good feeling.

Now for the elephant in the room.  No, I am not pregnant.  I am not going to be pregnant for a LONG time.  It still stinks.  However, I am excited to become an aunt again.  In March.  Slightly unexpectedly.  I'll explain.  My SIL had privately e-mailed me a while back that they were wanting to expand their family in the near future, but knowing the pain that sister had caused me with her all-of-a-sudden public announcement, they would tell me first, over the phone, and understand it if it took me just a bit to be "ga-ga" over the news.  Their plan was to wait until March, when their daughter was 18 months old, to begin again.  I had told my husband way back in June when everyone else in the world was announcing they were pregnant that I thought Brother and SIL would probably be expecting by Christmas.  Well, last week, I got my call--and I am excited for them.  They are both still in shock, because between birth control pills and breastfeeding, they thought they had covered their bases on contraception.  But it meant a lot to me that they thought of how it would make me feel when they went public.  It was a little thing in the big scheme of things, but it meant a lot.

I am STILL in the middle of the longest cycle of my life.  I am *almost* positive that my weight has caused these cycles from you-know-where.  I have joined the local Curves, and am hoping that the exercise, combined with Metformin and pre-natal vitamins, will bring that weight off.  I actually had 15 days of spotting, starting on the first day of school, but since I never ovulated, it wasn't actually a period.  Who knew my body had its own finely-tuned version of sarcasm and irony?

I'd better get going, since I still haven't packed hubby's suitcase.  He leaves today for an entire week--announcing a national horse show that pays good money, but it seems to last forever when he's gone.  And I really do miss him a lot when he's gone.  We married so late in life (ok, I was still technically in my twenties at 29 11/12ths) that we'd each had enough of being alone, and do really enjoy the pleasure of each other's company.  I'm not one of those "whew, he's gone.  Now I can have some fun." type of women.  So it's going to be a long week.  And I have to make sure he has presentable clothing to wear on this trip.  So, until later, Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment