Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Changes Are Good Sometimes

Soooooo.................how do you like the changes to this page?  After almost a year of blogging here and there, I've decided to get more serious and actually start using this thing correctly.  So, I logged onto the changy thingy and changed some stuff up.  Do I know what I'm doing?  Calling it a "changy thingy" should be your first clue.  No, I have no idea what I'm doing.  I just like trying some new stuff out every once in a while. 

 I think I like the new look.  I tried to find a picture that looked like "the road less traveled", but since I don't really know what I'm doing, the picture of the highway was the closest I've gotten.  Which, if you really think about it, does fit.  I expected to find a picture of this neato nature-ish pathway, and instead, I found the highway.  Oh well, at least you can go faster on the highway than on the pathway---hoping that unexpected metaphor rubs off on me in real life!!

What's new with me today???  I (gasp with drama) have a list.  (To which you reply sarcastically, "Of course you have a list!")  Here it is:

*Work is going well.  My schedule has changed--yet again.  We're working on my girl becoming more independent, and the 7th graders need a para in their Science classroom.  I am amazed that there are teachers out there who will not modify their assignments for the super-low special ed kids.  It just boggles my mind.  It doesn't require mounds of extra work.  It just means that you have to have more than one day planned and that you understand that special ed means "cannot read, write, or compute on grade level", and that MR means "functions at about a 1-3 grade level when in 7th grade".  And that pass/fail means that if they are in your room, attempting things, and not causing behavior problems, YOU GIVE THEM A PASSING GRADE!!!!!!!!!  Sheesh, I mean how can you expect a kid to understand, much less fill out, a 7th grade worksheet when you don't allow them to take their work home with them or to the Sped room????  (Ranae pauses, takes a deep breath, and then steps off of the soapbox, because the teacher she is referring to will never change, and totally did not get the subtle sarcasm that Ranae used today when telling her that she should give those particular students FULL CREDIT for attempting the assignment, because they DID IT,even though they didn't answer her every question or use complete sentences properly (and 1/2 of their answers were written by Ranae because, ya know, THEY CAN'T WRITE AT A 7TH GRADE LEVEL!!!)  Seriously, how do you not know how to modify...)

*Hubby is working a horse show this week and is gone.  I miss him something awful, even though he is getting paid good money to tell people and horses how to walk around an oval.  We really need the money, but I am sooooooo looking forward to when he returns...

*My period finally started yesterday, so it's officially CD2.  Here's hoping to a MUCH shorter cycle this time round.  I think I'll cry giant tears of despair if I have another 80+ day cycle again.

That's my today!  I know that I'm getting several of you who read, and I've changed the settings so that you can comment without being a follower--so comment away!!  Tell me what you think, only remember that even if you disagree with me, do so in an adult fashion, using polite words, and don't bash people!!! (I hate having to add that, but having seen the comments some of the ladies I follow have received this past week...people need to follow the Thumper rule:  If ya don't have sumfin' nice to say, don't say nothin' at all." )

No comments:

Post a Comment