Tuesday, February 14, 2012

More to Love Each Day

Today is Valentine's Day, and it's really only the fourth one I've ever celebrated as an adult.  I was always "the best friend" who told my roomies what to get for their beaus while I sat and admired their gifts and silently wondered when it would be my turn.  Sometimes I didn't wonder so quietly, but in the confines of my own home I would rage against the many injustices in the world that left me home every.single.night while it seemed that the rest of world had someone special.

Then I met S. And my world was forever changed.  He wasn't exactly what I was looking for in a man, but as I reflect, he met every single item on my "want/need in a husband" list.  It doesn't matter to me that he's not Hollywood gorgeous, because I didn't need someone like that.  He's tall, intelligent, has a committed relationship with Christ, a cuddle bug, um...did I mention he's tall?  Anyway, he's everything I needed, and when we butt heads (which isn't often, but does happen b/c we were both single for so long before we met) I am always thankful that his personality complements mine (as in he's NOT a hothead like me)

He doesn't always do things the way I'd like, and I KNOW that I'm not the prettiest crayon in the box, but he always treats me like a princess, and I am SOOOOOO blessed to have him as a spouse.

Infertility and miscarriage can often rob that joy from your relationship, and I'm thankful that he has let me grieve in my own way, but always puts forth that hope that I'm not broken forever.  It is rare to have someone who has that much faith in you, and I want to make sure that I cherish that love closely and keep it with me always.

He is sometimes slightly clueless when it comes to gifts, but not today--here's why I love him more and more each day:




He absolutely melted my heart with this letter!

 A dozen roses!  AND he PLANNED this in ADVANCE!!

Greyson thought that he should check out the new kid in the house...he's never seen me swoon before and was worried that these might remove him from favorite status with me!

1 comment: