Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year, Thank Goodness!

It's FINALLY 2012.  I don't normally say unkind things about those who have passed from our lives, but I'm glad 2011 finally left this planet.  In fact, I'll be happy that I'll never have to live through 2011 again!!  (How's that for positive statements?)

No, in all seriousness, I am glad to be starting a new year.  A new year has new possibilities, a chance for at least some of my dreams to come true, a time of newness for everyone.

I don't make resolutions, since I always break them, but I do like to set goals.  My goals for this year? 

*Finish reading through my Bible and then pick a topic to do an in-depth study on

*Lose at least 25 pounds.  I know I can do this, I just need to be motivated.

*Start looking at a new house (if I'm re-hired for next school year)

*Take some special education classes and work towards that certification

*Get pregnant, stay pregnant, and bring home a living baby

*Start getting serious about adoption if the above isn't possible.

I don't know how many of those goals are possible to achieve, but I have 12 months to begin working on them.  I refuse to see this as a negative, and instead to see the positive in it.  Let the work in me begin, and let me be the light to the fuse.  Here's to a much better 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment